A sexually inexperienced girl decides to lose her virginity before going to college.
Writer/director Maggie Carey somehow contrives to make a very likeable cast churn out a terrible, embarrassingly bad film. Said cast includes Audrey Plaza as the protagonist, Alia Shawkat (Maeby from Arrested Development), Clark Gregg (Agent Coulson from Avengers, Young Neil from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Bill Hader, Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Mclovin’) and Andy Samberg. Why any of those people (except Bill Hader who is married to Carey so kind of has to) got involved in this I will never know.
A juvenile and totally outdated concept with one dimensional, un-likeable characters and even a rubbish soundtrack to say it is set in 1993. Carey somehow even makes Audrey Plaza obnoxious which is unbelievable.
The To Do List is a throwback to smut fests of old like Porky’s, but at least Porky’s was actually funny, if a little charmless. The To Do List however is wildly offensive to both sexes, completely unoriginal and worst of all it is nearly two hours long! Only some decent Bill Hader one liners save this from The Mothman Prophecies territory.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)