This has been on my list for months and I couldn’t remember why I hadn’t watched it. I love Matt Damon and Phillip Seymour Hoffman, I like Jude Law and Cate Blanchett, story sounded good, critical acclaim and oscar noms coming out of its arse, what’s not to like? Then I looked at the director… One Anthony Minghella, the chap who brought us snoozefest English Patient which is one of my least favourite films ever and it all became clear why I hadn’t watched. Even though my heart sunk when I realized who he was I must admit this is a decent film. It is too long obviously at 2 hours and 19 minutes but Matt Damon and particularly Jude Law are excellent, the scenery is up there with any film you will see and even though it is long, it bobs along at a pretty decent pace. So pleasantly surprised in the end, not one I would be interested in watching again for a few years though.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)