Third in the trilogy and a return to form after the slightly disappointing Iron Man 2.
Robert Downey Jr. is once again perfect as the eponymous hero and he fits into the character of Tony Stark and Iron Man as snugly as Stark fits into his famous suit. Paltrow is solid and somewhat underused as Pepper Potts considering the excellent chemistry she shares with Downey Jr.
In the opposite corner, Ben Kingsley makes for a charismatic villain but I found Guy Pearce slightly pantomimey. The real star of this film for me was the suit itself, brought to life with glorious special effects and held together brilliantly by Downey Jr. It is a shame however that Sam Rockwell doesn’t feature at all after being the best thing about Iron Man 2 (and pretty much anything else he has appeared in.)
Watch out for the obligatory Marvel connection after the end credits – The golden age of comic book adaptations shows no sign of slowing down.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)