Pretty self explanatory title…
A hobo (played by Rutger Hauer) walks the streets gunning down low lives and eventually starts a war with local gang leader Drake (sadly not the rapper) and his two terribly written and horribly acted sons.If you can imagine Steve Stiffler raping and murdering people then you would be pretty close to the where the sons are at.
Hobo with a Shotgun started life as a fake trailer for Grindhouse and it definitely ranks last behind Planet Terror, Death Proof and Machete in the list of films that Grindhouse has spawned. Whilst the other three were much more knowing in how ridiculous they were and felt more like a loving homage to 70s/80s B movies, Hobo With A Shotgun could sit alongside the more tasteless movies of that period.
At 1 hour 25 minutes it is short and sour and if you are looking for complete brainless, teenage boy attracting, meaningless cinema this is the film for you. If you want something that is actually good, just watch Sin City instead.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)